This complete CMMG AR-15 M4 LE Upper Assembly features a chrome-moly steel barrel with a WASP Melonite treated bore and exterior. M4 feed ramps ensure reliable feeding and the 5.56x45mm NATO chamber allows the use of both commercial or surplus mil-spec ammunition.
CMMG's durable salt bath nitride finish is a unique protective coating applied to the barrel that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. This treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering from the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: M4
- Barrel Material: Chrome Moly Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: Polymer M4-Style
- Sights: Mil Spec A2 "F" Marked Front, No Rear
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: Mil-Spec
- Mfg # 55BE1F0